Monday, November 22, 2010

Different food cultures

Well, tomorrow, my sweet Joseph and I are going to have another Skype Bake Date, now that he's finished with his film internship, and I'm finished with my Master's degree. I'm surprised that either of us had any energy to talk to each other at all for the first half of November, but there you have it. We've both recovered, and it's time to move on! So this is just a teaser post for tomorrow's event, but I just had to update to express my astonishment at the fact that Joe had no idea what golden syrup was. Or Copha vegetable shortening. Or a lamington pan. I mean, this is more than just "sweet biscuits" this time! Golden syrup?! Does America not have any form of treacle?! I'll be very interested to see what the crafty Joe has come up with as a substitute. Until tomorrow, folks!

1 comment:

  1. So it seems America is seriously lacking in the baking area of life!! Have you come across anything that they have and we don't? It seems very one sided at this stage!! Or is that cos it's an Aussie cook book?

    ReplyDelete