Friday, October 22, 2010

My Birthday Rose (5 July 2010)

Though we had been "official" for just over a week, I went out my front door on my birthday to find a beautiful long-stemmed red rose balancing neatly against the door-frame, in cellophane packaging, complete with a green spray and dew-drops on the petals. Magnificent! I have never felt so special and appreciated. It was my first birthday away from my island home of Tasmania, and the first birthday that I was going to spend without family and friends (though three Canberra-based friends rallied round in the evening and we went out to a great dinner at a hotel). I think the loveliest part of the rose was having something so special right there in front of me that was tangible evidence of Joe's consideration and affection.

A couple of days old in this picture.

Me, with my beautiful rose.

Thank you, Joe!
xxx

4 comments: